Quality Improvement Program
The Quality Improvement (QI) program is an important part of your health plan. The QI department supports Nebraska Total Care. The Quality Department is focused on improving member healthcare. The QI Program reviews the quality of care members receive. They look at:
- Making sure members get the care they need. This includes when and where they need it.
- Making sure that members get good quality care
- Cultural needs of our members
- Member satisfaction
- Member safety
- Member privacy
- Making sure we have provider specialties
- What services members are using
The quality improvement goals are simple:
- Improve the health of our members
- Improve Member and Provider Satisfaction
- Lower cost
We want your involvement. Let us know how we are doing. Join the Member Advisory Council.
- Hospital Compare was created through the efforts of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in collaboration with organizations representing consumers, hospitals, doctors, employers, accrediting organizations, and other federal agencies. It provides information about the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country.
- Physician Compare is a Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website designed to help individuals make informed choices. Information found on Physician Compare will give the address, specialty, ABMS board certification, hospital affiliation, gender, medical school education and residency information for group practices enrolled as Medicare providers.
- Healthgrades is an online resource for information about physicians, hospitals and health care providers that includes ratings based clinical and quality outcomes.