Nebraska Medicaid Preferred Drug List
The medications on the Nebraska Medicaid Preferred Drug List (PDL) are covered by Nebraska Total Care. Non preferred drugs on this list may be covered when certain requirements are met. Other limitations for specific drugs may exist and are explained in the Nebraska Medicaid Claims Limitations (PDF).
Nebraska Total Care is committed to providing appropriate, high-quality, and cost-effective drug therapy to all Nebraska Total Care members. Nebraska Total Care covers prescription medications and certain over-the-counter medications with a written order from a Nebraska Total Care provider. The pharmacy program does not cover all medications. Some medications may require prior authorization and some may have limitations. Other medically necessary pharmacy services may be covered as well. Current maximum allowable cost (MAC) pricing information for all products can be found on the RxAdvance Pharmacy Portal.
- Nebraska Medicaid Claim Limitations (PDF) (July 1, 2021)
- Nebraska Total Care Value-Add Formulary (PDF) (July 1, 2021)
- Nebraska Total Care Over-the-Counter Approved Products (Excel) (April 20, 2021)
- Nebraska Total Care Machine Readable Formulary (JSON)
- Nebraska Medicaid Preferred Drug List PDL (July 1, 2021)
- Nebraska Total Care 90-Day Maintenance Drugs (Excel) (December 16, 2020)
- Pharmacy Update: Heritage Health Adult Expansion Program (PDF) (October 1, 2020)
- Pharmacy Update: CVS Caremark (PDF) (effective August 1, 2021)
- RxAdvance MAC Appeals Pharmacy Portal Guide (PDF)
- RxAdvance Pharmacy Portal
Electronic Prior Authorization Submissions
Submit your prior authorization (PA) requests electronically through our preferred solution CoverMyMeds. Electronic prior authorization (ePA) automates the PA process making it a quick and simple way to complete PA requests. The ePA process is HIPAA compliant and enables faster determinations. You may also use this link to track ePA requests.
RxAdvance Help Desk
Envolve™ Pharmacy Solutions
Prior Auth Phone: 1-844-330-7852
Prior Auth Fax: 1-877-386-4695
Nebraska Total Care
Phone: 1-844-385-2192 (Relay 711)