National Imaging Associates (NIA)
The radiology program includes management of non-emergent, high-tech, outpatient radiology services through prior authorization. This program is consistent with industry-wide efforts to ensure clinically appropriate quality of care and to manage the increasing utilization of these services.
Nebraska Total Care oversees the NIA program and is responsible for claims adjudication. NIA manages non-emergent outpatient imaging/radiology services through contractual relationships with free-standing facilities.
Prior authorization is required for the following outpatient radiology procedures:
- PET Scan
Providers rendering the above services should verify that the necessary authorization has been obtained. Failure to do so may result in non-payment of your claim.
Go to the NIA website for more information.
- NIA Cardiac Checklist (PDF)
- NIA Cardiac Tip Sheet (PDF)
- NIA Pediatric Imaging Tip Sheet (PDF)
- NIA Prior Authorization Tool Resource (PDF)
- NIA RadMD for Imaging Providers (PDF)
- NIA Tip Sheet (PDF)
- RadMD Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- NIA Utilization Review Matrix (PDF)
- Sign up for Paperless Notification from NIA (PDF)
- Additional NIA References