Skip to Main Content

Filing a Grievance

What is a grievance?

Grievances are spoken or written complaints given to Nebraska Total Care. These complaints can be about Nebraska Total Care or a provider in our network.

Nebraska Total Care wants to resolve your concerns.  We want to give you the best possible care.  We will not treat you differently if you file a grievance.

If you need help filing your grievancel call Member Service. The phone number is 1-844-385-2192 (TTY 711). We have people to help you Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central.

Heritage Health - Nebraska Total Care 

A grievance can be filed at any time. There is no time limit on a grievance. Complaints might include:

  • Quality of care
  • Personal behavior like rudeness of a provider or employee
  • Failure to respect a member's rights
  • Harmful administrative processes or operations

A member can file their own grievance, or they can designate another person to file it for them. If someone else is going to complete your grievance for you, we must have your written permission. No one can speak for you without your permission.   

To make someone else your representative for grievances, compete the Authorized Representative From. You can download and type on it before you print it. Or, you can print the form and then write in the information.   

The forms should be faxed to Nebraska Total Care at 1-844-655-0567.  

You can file a grievance with Nebraska Total Care any way that works best for you. You can:

Nebraska Total Care
ATTN: Grievances
2525 N 117th Ave, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68164                                                                                

  • Send a fax. The fax number is 1-844-655-0567

Be sure to include:

  • Your first and last name
  • Your Nebraska Medicaid ID number
  • Your address and telephone number
  • What you are unhappy with
  • What you would like to have happen

If you have proof or information supporting your grievance please send it to us.  

We have a Grievance or Concern Form that you can use to file appeals. You do not have to use the form, but it may help you know what information we need. You can download and type on it before you print it. Or, you can print the form and then write in the information.

You can also file a grievance with Heritage Health. Contact a Choice Counselor with Heritage Health at 1-888-255-2605 for help. You can do this at the same time that you file a grievance with Nebraska Total Care.

We will resolve your grievance as quickly as your situation needs us to. If you believe the situation is urgent please tell us.  

You will get a letter from us within 90 days. That will tell you how we settled the concern.  

We will not hold it against you if you file a grievance. We will not treat you differently in any way. We want to know your concerns so we can improve our services.