Do not wait until you are out of a medication to request a refill. Call your doctor or pharmacy a few days before you run out.
What pharmacy benefits are covered?
Nebraska Total Care covers certain prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs when prescribed by a provider. The pharmacy program does not cover all drugs. Some require prior authorization. Some drugs have limitations on age, dosage, or maximum quantities.
You can read more detailed information about the pharmacy program on the Medicaid Formulary List.
Which drugs are covered?
Nebraska Total Care can cover these types of medication:
- Prescription drugs - The Preferred Drug List is a list of some of the drugs covered by Nebraska Total Care. A team of doctors and pharmacists update this regularly. They want to make sure the medication on the list is safe and helpful for you.
- Self-injectable drugs (including insulin)
- Drugs to help you quit smoking
- Needles, syringes, blood glucose monitors, test strips, lancets and glucose urine testing strips
How do I get my medications?
You can have your prescriptions filled at any Nebraska Total Care network pharmacy. Show the pharmacy:
- your prescription
- your Nebraska Medicaid ID card
- you Nebraska Total Care ID card
If you need help finding a pharmacy you can use the Find A Provider tab. You can also call us at 1-844-385-2192 (TTY: 1-844-307-0342, or Relay 711).
Nebraska Total Care has a list of Specialty Pharmacies.
ImmunityConnect vaccination program
Vaccine preventable diseases have not gone away. Vaccines will help keep you healthy.
How it works:
- Locate a pharmacy. You can use the Find a Provider page or call Member Services.
- Call the pharmacy you choose and ask if they have the vaccine you need.
- Show your Nebraska Medicaid ID card and Nebraska Total Care ID card.
- Get your vaccination.
No appointment, no copays, no hassle.
Covered vaccines include:
- Injectable Seasonal Influenza Vaccine (Trivalent and Quadrivalent)
- Intradermal Influenza Vaccine (Short Needle)
- Injectable Seasonal Influenza - Vaccine High-Dose (Fluzone)
- Zoster (Zostavax)
For more information call Member Services at 1-844-385-2192 (TTY: 1-844-307-0342 or Relay 711).
There are no co-pays on drugs with Nebraska Total Care. We fully cover all of your medically necessary drugs.