Skip to Main Content

Filing an Appeal

What is an appeal?

An appeal is when you ask us to review a decision we made about an authorization.

We may decide to deny, limit, reduce, or end an authorization for a service. This is called an "Adverse Benefit Determination." An appeal tells us you want us to look at the information again to make sure we made the right decision.  

You have the right to file appeals. We will not treat you differently because you file an appeal.

If you need help filing your appeal call Member Service.  The phone number is 1-844-385-2192 (TTY 711). We have people to help you Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Central.

Heritage Health - Nebraska Total Care