Behavioral Health Provider Training
Nebraska Total Care offers trainings for both behavioral health and physical health providers in our network at no cost. Our team provides mostly clinical, provider-focused education on topics that are geared towards improving member outcomes. The majority of our clinical trainings also offer behavioral health continuing education units, also at no cost to the attendee. Trainings are completed via live/virtual instructor-led webinars.
How to sign up for trainings:
- View the lists of all upcoming Nebraska Total Care trainings
- Select the training date and time that you would like to attend
- Enter the required information and click “Register”
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link and instructions for joining the webinar.
NOTE: Please check your "Junk" folder if you do not receive the confirmation email.
- When you join the webinar, the call-in telephone number and an attendee passcode will be displayed.
Training topics include but are not limited to:
- Behavioral Health 101
- Substance Use Disorders*
- Co-Occurring Disorders
- Cultural Competence: Moving from Cultural Competency to Cultural Humility*
- De-Escalation Techniques*
- DSM-5 (Modules 1 & 2)
- Eating Disorders
- Guidelines for Working with Native American Populations*
- ICD-10 (Modules 1 & 2)
- Motivational Interviewing Level 1 (Part 1 & 2)*
- Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders*
- Poverty Competency*
- Provider Screening Tools*
- Providing Services to LGBTQ+ Populations*
- Psychotropic Medications
- Recovery Principles*
- Screening, Brief Intervention, & Referral to Treatment*
- SMART Goals
- Social Determinants of Health*
- Stages of Change*
- Strengths-Based Treatment*
- Stress Alleviation for Caregivers
- Suicide Risk (Modules 1 & 2)*
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study*
- Trauma Informed Care*
- Treatment & Documentation Guidelines for Providers
*Note: All topics marked with an asterisk are pre-approved for nursing continuing education credits through the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #16739
For training requests and/or more information, please contact our Clinical Provider Training Department at: BH_training@centene.com.