Member Rights and Responsibilities
Providers are expected to follow member rights.
Members are informed of their rights and responsibilities in their member handbook.
Member rights include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving all services the health plan provides.
- Being treated with dignity and respect.
- Knowing their medical records will be kept private, consistent with state and federal laws and health plan policies.
- Being able to see their medical records.
- Being able to receive information in a different format in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Member responsibilities include:
- Understanding their health problems and telling their healthcare providers if they do not understand their treatment plan or what is expected of them.
- Keeping scheduled appointments and calling the physician's office whenever possible if there is a delay or cancellation.
- Showing their member ID card at appointments.
- Following the treatment plans and instructions for care that they have agreed on with their healthcare.
We encourage you to refer to the Provider Manual to review the full list of rights and responsibilities.